Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
- Continuous administration decreases and pulsatile administration increases behavioral sensitivity to a novel dopamine D-2 agonist (U-91356A) in MPTP monkeys.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1995; 272: 854-859
- Localization of a dopamine D3 receptor mRNA in the rat brain using in situ hybridization histochemistry: Comparison with dopamine D2 receptor mRNA.Brain Res. 1991; 564: 203-219
- Attenuation of levodopa-induced toxicity in mesencephalic cultures by pramipexole.J Neural Transm. 1997; 104: 209-228
- Pramipexole reduces reactive oxygen species production in vivo and in vitro and inhibits the mitochondrial permeability transition produced by the parkinsonian neurotoxin methylpyridinium ion.J Neurochem. 1998; 71: 295-301
- Molecular diversity of the dopamine receptors.Ann Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 1993; 32: 281-307
Corrigon M, Piercey M, Sullivan H, Gomez-Mancilla B, Denahan A. The role of dopamine in depression. Am. J. Geriatr Psychiatry, in press.
- Depression and Parkinson's disease: A review.Am J Psychiatry. 1992; 149: 443-454
- The neostriatal mosaic: multiple levels of compartmental organization.Trends Neurosci. 1992; 15: 133-139
- Neuroprotective effects of the dopamine D2/D3 agonist pramipexole against postischemic or methamphetamine-induced degeneration of nigrostriatal neurons.Brain Res. 1996; 742: 80-88
- Dopamine D2 and D3 receptor subtypes mediate excitatory and inhibitory responses respectively in rat SNPR.Soc. Neurosci Abs. 1996; 22: 219
- Electrophysiological evidence associating limbic preference with pramipexole, a D3-preferring dopamine agonist.Soc Neurosci Abs. 1995; 21: 1142
- Comparison of the effects of D1 and D2 dopamine receptor agonists on neurons in the rat caudate putamen: An electrophysiological study.J Neurosci. 1988; 8: 4340-4348
- Inhibitory effects of talipexole and pramipexole on MPTP-induced dopamine reduction in the striatum of C57BL/6N mice.Jpn J Pharmacol. 1997; 74: 51-57
- Clinical evaluation of pramipexole in advanced Parkinson's disease: Results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study.Neurology. 1997; 49: 162-168
- Antidepressant effects of pramipexole, a novel dopamine receptor agonist.J Neural Transm. 1997; 104: 525-533
- Biochemical and pharmacological studies on pramipexole, a potent and selective dopamine D2-receptor agonist.Eur J Pharmacol. 1992; 215: 161-170
- Pramipexole binding and activation of cloned and expressed dopamine D2, D3 and D4 receptors.Eur J Pharmacol. 1995; 290: 29-36
- Striatal extracellular dopamine levels in rats with haloperidol-induced depolarization block of substantia nigra dopamine neurons.J Neurosci. 1998; 18: 5068-5077
- Chronic levodopa is not toxic for remaining dopamine neurons, but instead promotes their recovery, in rats with moderate nigrostriatal lesions.Ann Neurol. 1998; 43: 561-575
- Attempts to obtain neuroprotection in Parkinson's disease.Neurology. 1997; 49: S26-S33
Parkinson Study Group. Effects of tocopherol and deprenyl in progression of disability in early Parkinson's disease. New Engl J Med 1993;328:176–183.
Parkinson Study Group. Impact of deprenyl and tocopherol treatment on Parkinson's disease in DATATOP patients requiring levodopa. Ann Neurol 1996;39:37–45.
Parkinson Study Group. A survey of antidepressant drug use in Parkinson's disease. Neurology 1997;49:1168–1170.
Parkinson Study Group. Safety and efficacy of pramipexole in early Parkinson disease. A randomized dose-ranging study. J Am Med Assoc 1997;278:125–30.
- Inhibition of dopamine neuron firing by pramipexole, a D3-preferring dopamine agonist: Comparison to other dopamine agonists.Eur J Pharmacol. 1996; 312: 35-44
- Excitation of type II anterior caudate neurons by stimulation of D3 receptors.Brain Res. 1997; 762: 19-28
- Efficacy of pramipexole, a novel dopamine agonist, in mild to moderate Parkinson's disease. The Pramipexole Study Group.Neurology. 1997; 49: 724-728
- Dopamine auto- and postsynaptic receptors: Electrophysiological evidence for differential sensitivity to dopamine agonists.Science. 1979; 206: 80-82
- Coordinated expression of dopamine receptors in neostriatal medium spiny neurons.J Neurosci. 1996; 16: 6579-6591
- Pramipexole, a novel selective dopamine agonist in major depression.Mov Disord. 1996; 11: 266
- Reversal of stress-induced anhedonia by the dopamine receptor agonist, pramipexole.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1994; 115: 454-462
- Steady-state pharmacokinetic properties of pramipexole in healthy volunteers.J Clin Pharmacol. 1997; 37: 520-525
- Pharmacological approaches to counter the toxicity of dopa.Amino Acids. 1998; 14: 189-196
- Age-related decline in striatal dopamine release and motoric function in brown Norway/Fischer 344 hybrid rats.Brain Res. 1998; 791: 246-256