This is a case report of a woman who presented with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis and subsequently had relapses compatible with the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Fulminant multiple sclerosis.Am J Neuroradiol. 1992; 13: 1547-1551
- Brainstem multiple sclerosis in an 11-year-old child presenting as acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.J Child Neurol. 1995; 10: 476-480
- Multiple sclerosis or multiphasic disseminated encephalomyelitis? A new question about an old problem, case report.Arq Neuropsiquiatrica. 1996; 54: 505-509
- New diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: guidelines for research protocols.Ann Neurol. 1983; 13: 227-231
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis; MRI findings and the distinction from multiple sclerosis.Brain. 1990; 113: 291-302
- Multiphasic disseminated encephalomyelitis presenting as alternating hemiplegia.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1995; 58: 467-470
- Multiphasic disseminated encephalomyelitis mimicking multiple sclerosis.Brain Develop. 1996; 18: 412-414
- Consecutive cerebral MRI findings of acute relapsing disseminated encephalomyelitis.Acta Paediatr Jpn. 1994; 36: 709-712
- Distinguishing acute disseminated encephalomyelitis from multiple sclerosis; genetic predisposition may differ.Br Med J. 1996; 313: 802-804
- Large focal tumor-like demyelinating lesions of the brain: intermediate entity between multiple sclerosis and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis? A study of 31 patients.Ann Neurol. 1993; 33: 18-27
Accepted: June 24, 1998
Received in revised form: June 22, 1998
Received: April 15, 1998
© 1998 Elsevier Science B.V. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.