- •APS can mimic PCA before the onset of stroke or other non-criteria manifestations.
- •In PCA-APS, white matter lesions are also seen in parasagittal subcortical regions.
- •The “railroad track” hypometabolism can help differentiate PCA-APS from true PCA.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- International consensus statement on an update of the classification criteria for definite antiphospholipid syndrome (APS).J. Thromb. Haemost. 2006; 4: 295-306
- Neuropsychological deficits associated with antiphospholipid antibodies.J. Clin. Exp. Neuropsychol. 1999; 21: 251-264
- Cognitive deficits in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome: association with clinical, laboratory, and brain magnetic resonance imaging findings.Arch. Intern. Med. 2006; 166: 2278-2284
- Consensus classification of posterior cortical atrophy.Alzheimer Dementia. 2017; 13: 870-884
- Neurocognitive dysfunction in systemic lupus erythematosus: association with antiphospholipid antibodies, disease activity and chronic damage.PLoS One. 2012; 7e33824
- Anticardiolipin antibodies in normal subjects. Neuropsychological correlates and MRI findings.Stroke. 1995; 26: 749-754
- Higher cortical dysfunction, antiphospholipid antibodies and neuroradiological examinations in systemic lupus erythematosus.Intern. Med. 1992; 31: 1169-1174
- Antiphospholipid syndrome and the neurologist: from pathogenesis to therapy.Front. Neurol. 2018; 9: 1001
- The role of FDG-PET, HMPAO-SPET and MRI in the detection of brain involvement in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.Eur. J. Nucl. Med. 1999; 26: 129-134
- A review of neurological sequelae and cognitive deficits associated with antiphospholipid antibodies.J. Stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. 1996; 6: 61-66
Published online: March 16, 2023
Accepted: March 14, 2023
Received in revised form: March 13, 2023
Received: February 1, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2023 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.