- •Data available at the time of admission may aid in stroke mortality prediction.
- •Machine learning has achieved great performance for stroke mortality prediction.
- •Age, high BMI and high NIHSS score are the most important predictors for mortality.
- •Deep learning has the potential to play an emerging role in stroke prognostication.
Background and aims
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hospital discharge disposition of stroke patients in Tennessee.. 2018; 110: 594-600
Counsell C, Dennis M. Systematic review of prognostic models in patients with acute stroke. 2001;159–70.
- Plos one research article a systematic review of machine learning models for predicting outcomes of stroke with structured data.. 2020; 475 (Available from:): 1-16
- Predicting 10-day mortality in patients with strokes using neural networks and multivariate statistical methods € lya Tireli.MD x. 2014; : 1-7
- Machine learning and natural language processing methods to identify ischemic stroke, acuity and location from radiology reports.2020: 1-16 (Available from)
- Machine learning for the prediction of sepsis : a systematic review and meta - analysis of diagnostic test accuracy.Intensive Care Med. 2020; 46 (Available from:): 383-400
Mangold C, Zoretic S, Thallapureddy K, Moreira A, Chorath K, Moreira A. Machine learning models for predicting neonatal mortality: a systematic review. 2021;394–405.
- Mitigating bias in machine learning for medicine.Commun Med. 2021; (Available from:): 3-5
- Academia and clinic annals of internal medicine preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses.. 2009; 151: 264-269
- Critical appraisal and data extraction for systematic reviews of prediction modelling studies : the CHARMS checklist.. 2014; 11: 10
- Risk factors and prediction of very short term versus short / intermediate term post-stroke mortality : a data mining approach.Comput Biol Med. 2014; 54 (Available from:): 199-210
- On evaluation metrics for medical applications of artificial intelligence.Sci Rep. 2022; (0123456789. Available from:): 1-9
Reitsma JB, Leeflang MMG, Sterne JAC, bossuyt pmm. research and reporting methods accuracy studies. 2011;(4).
- Deep learning for wireless capsule endoscopy : a systematic review and meta-analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2020; 92 (Available from:): 831-839.e8
Nagendran M, Chen Y, Lovejoy CA, Gordon AC, Komorowski M, Harvey H, et al. Artificial intelligence versus clinicians: systematic review of design, reporting standards, and claims of deep learning studies. 2020;1–12.
- Articles Data-driven clustering approach to identify novel phenotypes using multiple biomarkers in acute ischaemic stroke : A retrospective, multicentre cohort study.eClinicalMedicine. 2022; 53 (. Available from:)101639
- Neural network - based clustering model of ischemic stroke patients with a maximally distinct distribution of 1 - year vascular outcomes.Sci Rep. 2022; (0123456789. Available from:): 1-10
- Random forest - based prediction of stroke outcome.Sci Rep. 2021; (Available from:): 1-12
- Journal of the neurological sciences predicting short and long-term mortality after acute ischemic stroke using EHR.J Neurol Sci. 2021; 427 (Available from:)117560
- Stroke prognostication for discharge planning with machine learning : a derivation study.J Clin Neurosci. 2020; 79 (Available from:): 100-103
Ho KC, Speier W, El-saden S, Liebeskind DS, Saver JL, Bui AAT, et al. Predicting Discharge Mortality after Acute Ischemic Stroke Using Balanced Data Department of Bioengineering; 2 Medical Imaging Informatics. :1787–96.
- The Outcome in Patients with Brain Stroke : A Deep Learning Neural Network Modeling.2020
- Carotid intima media thickness measurements coupled with stroke severity strongly predict short - term outcome in patients with acute ischemic stroke : a machine learning study.Metab Brain Dis. 2021; (Available from:): 1747-1761
- The impact of post-stroke complications on in-hospital mortality depends on stroke severity.. 2017; 2: 54-63
- Machine learning to predict mortality after rehabilitation among patients with severe stroke.Sci Rep. 2020; (0123456789. Available from:): 1-10
- Application of machine learning techniques to identify data reliability and factors affecting outcome after stroke using electronic administrative records.. 2021; 12: 1-13
- Risk prediction of 30 - day mortality after stroke using machine learning : a nationwide registry - based cohort study.BMC Neurol. 2022; (Available from:): 1-9
- Development and Validation of Prediction Models for Severe Complications after Acute Ischemic Stroke : A Study Based.2022
- Predictive Model and Mortality Risk Score During Admission for Ischaemic Stroke with Conservative Treatment.2022
- Prediction of mortality in stroke patients using multilayer perceptron neural networks Prediction of mortality in stroke patients using multilayer perceptron neural networks.. 2012; 42
- A large-scale prospective study on functional ability and mortality following stroke based on hrs data set : implications for rehabilitation.. 2022; 13: 1-8
- A Bayesian network model for predicting post-stroke outcomes with available risk factors.. 2018; 9: 1-11
- Immune - inflammatory, coagulation, adhesion, and imaging biomarkers combined in machine learning models improve the prediction of death 1 year after ischemic stroke.Clin Exp Med. 2022; 22 (Available from:): 111-123
- Interpretability analysis of one-year mortality prediction for stroke patients based on deep neural network.. 2022; 26: 1903-1910
- Identification of key predictors of hospital mortality in critically ill patients with embolic stroke using machine learning.. 2022; 0
- Hospital Length of Stay and 30 - Day Mortality Prediction in Stroke : A Machine Learning Analysis of 17, 000 ICU Admissions in Brazil.Neurocrit Care. 2022; 37 (Available from:): 313-321
- The Use of Deep Learning to Predict Stroke Patient Mortality.2019
- Predicting Long-Term Outcome after Endovascular Stroke Treatment: The Totaled Health Risks.2010: 2-6
- The SOAR (Stroke subtype, Oxford Community Stroke Project classification, Age, prestroke modified Rankin) score strongly predicts early outcomes in acute stroke.. 2014; 9: 278-283
- The PLAN Score.172. 2012: 20
- A Risk Score to Predict Death Early After Hospitalization for an Acute Ischemic Stroke.2015
- Thinking about the future : a review of prognostic scales used in acute.Stroke. 2019; 10
- Factors Influencing in-Hospital Mortality and Morbidity in Patients Treated on a Stroke Unit.2011
- Predicting Long-Term Outcome After Acute Ischemic Stroke A Simple Index Works in Patients From Controlled Clinical Trials.2008: 1821-1826
- Age and National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale Score Within 6 Hours After Onset Are Accurate Predictors of Outcome After Cerebral Ischemia Development and External Validation of Prognostic Models.2003: 158-162
- Education Level and Long-Term Mortality, Recurrent Stroke, and Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Ischemic Stroke.2020
- Predicting Long-Term Mortality, Morbidity, and Survival Outcomes Following a Cardiac Event : A Cardiac Rehabilitation Study.2019
- The effect of the duration of follow-up in mortality analysis : the temporal pattern of different predictors.. 2004; 59: 181-189
Https://developers.google.com/machine-learning/crash-course/classification/roc-and-auc. No Title.
- Software as a medical device (SaMD).Action Plan. 2021;
- . 2022; 28
- Acute ischaemic stroke prediction from physiological time series patterns.2013: 280-286
- Application of machine learning-based models to boost the predictive power of the SPAN index.Int J Neurosci. 2021; 0 (Available from:): 1-11
- Stroke outcome measurements from electronic medical records : cross-sectional study on the effectiveness of neural and nonneural classifiers corresponding author.. 2021; 9: 1-24
- Stacking ensemble learning model to predict 6 - month mortality in ischemic stroke patients.Sci Rep. 2022; (Available from:): 1-9