- •Anti-mitochondrial M2 antibody (AMA-M2) positive myositis is a disease that includes a wide clinical spectrum.
- •Respiratory failure and weight loss are important clinical factors in AMA-M2-positive myositis patients.
- •Immunotherapy can improve muscle weakness and respiratory dysfunction.
- •%VC and BMI should be monitored as disease indicators in treatment of AMA-M2-positive myositis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis: (first of two parts).N. Engl. J. Med. 1975; 292: 344-347
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis (second of two parts).N. Engl. J. Med. 1975; 292: 403-407
- 119th ENMC international workshop: trial design in adult idiopathic inflammatory myopathies, with the exception of inclusion body myositis, 10-12 October 2003, Naarden, The Netherlands.Neuromusc. Disorders : NMD. 2004; 14: 337-345
- 205th ENMC International Workshop: pathology diagnosis of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies part II 28-30 March 2014, Naarden, The Netherlands.Neuromusc. Disorders : NMD. 2015; 25: 268-272
- Clinicopathological features of myositis and necrotizing myopathy: how to distinguish between myositis and muscular dystrophy on muscle pathology.Brain Nerve = Shinkei kenkyu no shinpo. 2021; 73: 147-159
- 2017 European League Against Rheumatism/American College of Rheumatology classification criteria for adult and juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies and their major subgroups.Ann. Rheum. Dis. 2017; 76: 1955-1964
- Human autoantibodies reactive with the signal-recognition particle.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 1986; 83: 9507-9511
- Detection of autoantibodies to recombinant mitochondrial proteins in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 1989; 320: 1377-1380
- Frequency of IgG and IgM autoantibodies to four specific M2 mitochondrial autoantigens in primary biliary cirrhosis.Hepatology (Baltimore, Md.). 1989; 10: 403-407
- Antimitochondrial Antibodies: From Bench to Bedside.2021: 1-12
- Primary biliary cirrhosis in systrmic sclerosis (scleroderma) and polymyositis.Johns Hopkins Med. J. 1974; 135: 191-198
- Inflammatory myopathies associated with anti-mitochondrial antibodies.Brain J. Neurol. 2012; 135: 1767-1777
- Less limb muscle involvement in myositis patients with anti-mitochondrial antibodies.Eur. Neurol. 2017; 78: 290-295
- Anti-mitochondrial autoantibodies are associated with cardiomyopathy, dysphagia, and features of more severe disease in adult-onset myositis.Clin. Rheumatol. 2021; 40: 4095-4100
- Anti-mitochondrial antibodies are not a hallmark of severity in idiopathic inflammatory myopathies.Joint Bone Spine. 2018; 85: 375-376
- Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies with anti-mitochondrial antibodies: Clinical features and treatment outcomes in a Chinese cohort.Neuromusc. Disorders : NMD. 2019; 29: 5-13
- Muscle pathological features and extra-muscle involvement in idiopathic inflammatory myopathies with anti-mitochondrial antibody.Semin. Arthritis Rheum. 2021; 51: 741-748
- Anti-mitochondrial antibodies in Indian patients with idiopathic inflammatory myopathies.. 2022; 25: 659-668
- Inflammatory myopathy associated with anti-mitochondrial antibody presenting only with respiratory failure.Int. Med. (Tokyo, Japan). 2021; 60: 3801-3804
- Anti-mitochondrial M2 antibody-positive myositis preceded by heart failure and cardiac conduction disturbance. A case report.Rinsho shinkeigaku = Clin. Neurol. 2022; 62: 135-139
- Myositis with anti-mitochondrial antibody type 2 with diplopia and ptosis.Int. Med. (Tokyo, Japan). 2021; 60: 3325-3328
- Inflammatory myopathy associated with anti-mitochondrial antibodies: a distinct phenotype with cardiac involvement.Semin. Arthritis Rheum. 2018; 47: 552-556
- Inclusion body myositis and myopathies.Ann. Neurol. 1995; 38: 705-713
- Inclusion body myositis: current pathogenetic concepts and diagnostic and therapeutic approaches.Lancet. Neurol. 2007; 6: 620-631
- Successful steroid therapy for heart failure due to myocarditis associated with primary biliary cirrhosis.Can. J. Cardiol. 2012; 28 (515.e3–6)