- •Utilization of outpatient rehabilitation is an expanding healthcare resource in stroke patients.
- •The trend in outpatient utilization for stroke recovery was not influenced by patient insurance type.
- •Over time, there was no gender bias in outpatient rehabilitation utilization in stroke survivors.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Biomarker application for precision medicine in stroke.Transl. Stroke Res. 2020 Aug; 11: 615-627
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2020 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020 Mar 3; 141: e139-e596
- Global burden of stroke and risk factors in 188 countries, during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2013.Lancet Neurol. 2016 Aug; 15: 913-924
- Early change in stroke size performs best in predicting response to therapy.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2017; 44: 141-149
- The quality of discharge care planning in acute stroke care: influencing factors and association with postdischarge outcomes.J. Stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2018 Mar; 27: 583-590
- Advances and challenges in stroke rehabilitation.Lancet Neurol. 2020 Apr; 19: 348-360
- The global burden of stroke: persistent and disabling.Lancet Neurol. 2019 May; 18: 417-418
- Guidelines for adult stroke rehabilitation and recovery: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American stroke association.Stroke. 2016 Jun; 47: e98-e169
- Use of outpatient rehabilitation among adult stroke survivors - 20 states and the District of Columbia, 2013, and four states, 2015.MMWR Morb. Mortal. Wkly Rep. 2018 May 25; 67: 575-578
- Benefits of an interdisciplinary stroke clinic: addressing a gap in physical therapy at post-stroke neurology follow-up.Disabil. Rehabil. 2021 Dec 3; 6: 1-6
- Utility of the NIH stroke scale as a predictor of hospital disposition.Stroke. 2003 Jan; 34: 134-137
- Preserving stroke care during the COVID-19 pandemic: potential issues and solutions.Neurology. 2020 Jul 21; 95: 124-133
- Impact of COVID-19 on future ischemic stroke incidence.eNeurologicalSci. 2021 Mar; 22: 100325
- Abstract 15: stay at home orders during the covid-19 pandemic associated with race ethnic disparities in patient access to healthcare for stroke like symptoms.Stroke. 2021; 52 (A15-A15)
- Physical and occupational therapy from the acute to community setting after stroke: predictors of use, continuity of care, and timeliness of care.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2018 Jun; 99: 1077-1089.e7
- Disparities in outpatient and home health service utilization following stroke: results of a 9-year cohort study in northern California.Pm r. 2009 Nov; 1: 997-1003
- Racial/ethnic disparities in poststroke outpatient rehabilitation among veterans.J. Natl. Med. Assoc. 2010 Sep; 102: 817-822
- A systematic review of barriers to optimal outpatient specialist services for individuals with prevalent chronic diseases: what are the unique and common barriers experienced by patients in high income countries?.Int. J. Equity Health. 2015 Jun 9; 14: 52
- How can stroke care be improved for younger service users? A qualitative study on the unmet needs of younger adults in inpatient and outpatient stroke care in Australia.Disabil. Rehabil. 2020 Jun; 42: 1697-1704