- •This is a prospective randomized controlled study in posterior circulation stroke patients.
- •High-flow adjuvant normobaric oxygen therapy was safe after vessel recanalization.
- •No significant neuroprotection of normobaric oxygen was suggested in the study.
- •A favorable prognosis outcome after basilar thrombectomy was achieved in the study.
- •The criteria of RCT on basilar thrombectomy may need be reconsidered in the future.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Endovascular thrombectomy after large-vessel ischaemic stroke: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from five randomised trials.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1723-1731
- Wake-up stroke: Dawn of a new era.Brain Circ. 2016; 2: 72-79
- Endovascular treatment versus standard medical treatment for vertebrobasilar artery occlusion (BEST): an open-label, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. Neurol. 2020; 19: 115-122
- Endovascular therapy for stroke due to basilar-artery occlusion.N. Engl. J. Med. 2021; 384: 1910-1920
- Assessment of endovascular treatment for acute basilar artery occlusion via a nationwide prospective registry.JAMA Neurol. 2020; 77: 561-573
- Outcomes and complications of endovascular mechanical Thrombectomy in the treatment of acute posterior circulation occlusions: a systematic review.World Neurosurg. 2021; 145: 35-44
- Reconsidering neuroprotection in the reperfusion era.Stroke. 2017; 48: 3413-3419
- Ethanol and normobaric oxygen: novel approach in modulating pyruvate dehydrogenase complex after severe transient and permanent ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2015; 46: 492-499
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury.Brain Circ. 2016; 2: 61-66
- Effects of normobaric oxygen and melatonin on reperfusion injury: role of cerebral microcirculation.Oncotarget. 2015; 6: 30604-30614
- Effects of normobaric oxygen on the progression of focal cerebral ischemia in rats.Exp. Neurol. 2013; 249: 33-38
- Normobaric oxygen inhibits AQP4 and NHE1 expression in experimental focal ischemic stroke.Int. J. Mol. Med. 2019; 43: 1193-1202
- A review of oxygen therapy in ischemic stroke.Neurol. Res. 2007; 29: 173-183
- Adjuvant high-flow normobaric oxygen after mechanical thrombectomy for anterior circulation stroke: a randomized clinical trial.Neurotherapeutics. 2021; 18: 1188-1197
- Quantifying the value of stroke disability outcomes: WHO global burden of disease project disability weights for each level of the modified Rankin scale.Stroke. 2009; 40: 3828-3833
- Rethinking thrombolysis in cerebral infarction 2b: which thrombolysis in cerebral infarction scales best define near complete recanalization in the modern thrombectomy era?.Stroke. 2017; 48: 2488-2493
- A pilot study of Normobaric oxygen therapy in acute ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2005; 36: 797-802
- A modified poisson regression approach to prospective studies with binary data.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2004; 159: 702-706
- The effect of normobaric oxygen in patients with acute stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurol. Res. 2018; 40: 433-444
- Should stroke victims routinely receive supplemental oxygen? A quasi-randomized controlled trial.Stroke. 1999; 30: 2033-2037
- Association between post-procedural hyperoxia and poor functional outcome after mechanical thrombectomy for ischemic stroke: an observational study.Ann. Intensive Care. 2019; 9: 59
- Effect of extended CT perfusion acquisition time on ischemic core and penumbra volume estimation in patients with acute ischemic stroke due to a large vessel occlusion.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0119409
- New clinically feasible 3T MRI protocol to discriminate internal brain stem anatomy.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2016; 37: 1058-1065