- •Hemorrhagic complications are concern in patients with LVO underwent EVT.
- •Few studies have evaluated the risks and benefits of APT before EVT for LVO.
- •Preoperative APT dose not increase any ICH nor symptomatic ICH.
- •Pretreatment with APT should not affect the decision of EVT for acute LVO patients.
Methods and results
Abbreviations:EVT (endovascular therapy), LVO (large vessel occlusion), APT (antiplatelet therapy), ICH (intracranial hemorrhage), RESCUE-Japan Registry 2 (Recovery by Endovascular Salvage for Cerebral Ultra-acute Embolism-Japan Registry 2), rt-PA (recombinant tissue plasminogen activator), mRS (modified Rankin Scale), NIHSS (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale), ASPECTS (Alberta Stroke Program Early CT Score), DWI (diffusion-weighted image), HI (hemorrhagic infarction), PH (parenchymal hematoma), SAH (subarachnoid hemorrhage), PHr (remote parenchymal hematoma), sICH (symptomatic ICH), TICI (thrombolysis in cerebral infarction)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- National trends in utilization and outcome of endovascular thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke in elderly.J. Stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2021; 30105505
- Can restoring incomplete microcirculatory reperfusion improve stroke outcome after thrombolysis?.J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 2012; 32: 2091-2099
- Incidence and prognostic impact of intracranial hemorrhage after endovascular treatment for acute large vessel occlusion.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2020; 49: 540-549
- Prior antiplatelet therapy in patients undergoing endovascular treatment for acute ischemic stroke: results from the mr clean registry.Int. J. Stroke. 2021; 16: 476-485
- Endovascular therapy in ischemic stroke with acute large-vessel occlusion: recovery by endovascular salvage for cerebral ultra-acute embolism Japan registry 2.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2018; 7
- Interobserver agreement for the assessment of handicap in stroke patients.Stroke. 1988; 19: 604-607
- Improved reliability of the nih stroke scale using video training. Ninds tpa stroke study group.Stroke. 1994; 25: 2220-2226
- Classification of subtype of acute ischemic stroke. Definitions for use in a multicenter clinical trial. Toast. Trial of org 10172 in acute stroke treatment.Stroke. 1993; 24: 35-41
- Use of the Alberta stroke program early ct score (aspects) for assessing ct scans in patients with acute stroke.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2001; 22: 1534-1542
- Imaging of the brain in acute ischaemic stroke: comparison of computed tomography and magnetic resonance diffusion-weighted imaging.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2005; 76: 1528-1533
- Nmr imaging of intracranial hemorrhage.J. Comput. Assist. Tomogr. 1984; 8: 599-607
- The Heidelberg bleeding classification: classification of bleeding events after ischemic stroke and reperfusion therapy.Stroke. 2015; 46: 2981-2986
- Thrombolysis with alteplase for acute ischaemic stroke in the safe implementation of thrombolysis in stroke-monitoring study (sits-most): an observational study.Lancet. 2007; 369: 275-282
- Correlation of aol recanalization, timi reperfusion and tici reperfusion with infarct growth and clinical outcome.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2014; 6: 724-728
- Effect of statin administration after onset of acute ischemic stroke with large vessel occlusion: insights from rescue-Japan registry 2.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e017472
- Impact of prior antiplatelet therapy on outcomes after endovascular therapy for acute stroke: endovascular treatment in ischemic stroke registry results.Stroke. 2021; 52: 3864-3872
- Safety of early administration of apixaban on clinical outcomes in patients with acute large vessel occlusion.Transl. Stroke Res. 2021; 12: 266-274
- Prior use of antiplatelet therapy and outcomes after endovascular therapy in acute ischemic stroke due to large vessel occlusion: a single-center experience.J. Clin. Med. 2018; 7
- Antiplatelet pretreatment and outcomes following mechanical thrombectomy for emergent large vessel occlusion strokes.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2018; 10: 828-833