We read with great interest the recent paper entitled “Clinical characteristics and diagnostic clues to Neurometabolic causes of dystonia” written by Phua et al. [
]. From a therapeutic viewpoint, we would like to comment on the section of “Neurotransmitter diseases” in this wonderful review article. The authors have described dopamine-responsive dystonia (DRD) and DRD-plus syndrome in this section.
- Phua C.S.
- Kumar K.R.
- Levy S.
Clinical characteristics and diagnostic clues to Neurometabolic causes of dystonia.
J. Neurol. Sci. 2020; 419: 117167https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2020.117167
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clinical characteristics and diagnostic clues to Neurometabolic causes of dystonia.J. Neurol. Sci. 2020; 419: 117167https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2020.117167
- GTP cyclohydrolase 1-deficient dopa-responsive dystonia.GeneReviews. 2019; (Accessed April 1, 2021)
- Tyrosine hydroxylase deficiency.GeneReviews. 2017; (Accessed April 1, 2021)
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in sepiapterin reductase deficiency. A splicing defect accounts for a new phenotypic variant.Neurogenetics. 2011; 12: 183-191https://doi.org/10.1007/s10048-011-0279-4
- Leaky splicing variant in sepiapterin reductase deficiency.Neurol Genet. 2019; 5e319https://doi.org/10.1212/NXG.0000000000000319
- C207C>G mutation in sepiapterin reductase causes autosomal dominant dopa-responsive dystonia.Neurol Genet. 2017; 3e197https://doi.org/10.1212/NXG.0000000000000197
- Paroxysmal stiffening, upward gaze, and hypotonia. Hallmarks of sepiapterin reductase deficiency.Neurology. 2012; 78: e29-e32https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0b013e3182452849
- Sepiapterin reductase deficiency.GeneReviews. 2015; (Accessed April 1, 2021)
- Nonmotor symptoms in dopa-responsive dystonia.Mov Disord Clin Pract. 2015; 2: 347-356https://doi.org/10.1002/mdc3.12211
- A marked contrast between serotonergic and dopaminergic changes in dopa-responsive dystonia.Neurology. 2016; 87: 1060-1061https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000003065
Published online: April 20, 2021
Accepted: April 19, 2021
Received: April 10, 2021
© 2021 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.