- •We report a case of MM2-thalamic-sCJD presenting as a sleep disorder mimicking anti-IgLON5 disease.
- •Post-mortem analysis of brain tissue showed MM2-thalamic-sCJD with Lewy bodies (LB).
- •MM2-thalamic-sCJD with LB should be considered as a differential diagnosis of sleep disorder mimicking anti-IgLON5 disease.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Classification of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease based on molecular and phenotypic analysis of 300 subjects.Ann. Neurol. 1999; 46: 224-233
- Clinical diagnosis of MM2-type sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.Neurology. 2005; 64: 643-648
- Pre-symptomatic diagnosis in fatal familial insomnia: serial neurophysiological and 18FDG-PET studies.Brain. 2006; 129: 668-675
- A novel non-rapid-eye movement and rapid-eye-movement parasomnia with sleep breathing disorder associated with antibodies to IgLON5: a case series, characterisation of the antigen, and post-mortem study.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13: 575-586
- Clinical manifestations of the anti-IgLON5 disease.Neurology. 2017; 88: 1736-1743
- The clinical and pathophysiological relevance of REM sleep behavior disorder in neurodegenerative diseases.Sleep Med. Rev. 2009; 13: 385-401
- Ultrasensitive human prion detection in cerebrospinal fluid by real-time quaking-induced conversion.Nat. Med. 2011; 17: 175-178
- Diagnosis and management of dementia with Lewy bodies: third report of the DLB consortium.Neurology. 2005; 65: 1863-1872
- Sporadic fatal insomnia in Europe: phenotypic features and diagnostic challenges.Ann. Neurol. 2018; 84: 347-360
- Familial and sporadic fatal insomnia.Lancet Neurol. 2003; 2: 167-176
- 2 cases of Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease with bilateral vocal cord paralysis.Rinsho Shinkeigaku. 1988; 28: 333-337
Published online: July 10, 2019
Accepted: July 9, 2019
Received in revised form: June 15, 2019
Received: March 29, 2019
© 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.