- •Both IL-10 and miR-96 were overexpressed during remission compared with relapse.
- •No correlation was found miR-96 expression and IL-10 levels during relapse or remission phases of MS.
- •miR-96 contributes to the remission in MS but not via IL-10 pathway.
Subjects and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Multiple sclerosis.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1502-1517
- HLA family studies and multiple sclerosis: a common gene, dominantly expressed.Hum. Immunol. 1981; 3: 13-29
- Regulation of adaptive immunity; the role of interleukin-10.Front. Immunol. 2013; 4: 129
- Two types of mouse T helper cell. IV. Th2 clones secrete a factor that inhibits cytokine production by Th1 clones.J. Exp. Med. 1989; 170: 2081-2095
- Antigen-specific immunotherapy of autoimmune and allergic diseases.CurrOpinImmunol. 2010; 22: 609-615
- Interleukins 17 and 10 in a sample of Egyptian relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis patients.J. Neurol. Sci. 2016; 369: 36-38
- Decreased interleukin-10 and increased interleukin-12p40 mRNA are asso- ciated with disease activity and characterize different disease stages in multiple sclerosis.Ann. Neurol. 1999; 45: 695-703
- MicroRNA in autoimmunity and autoimmune disease.J. Autoimmun. 2009; 32: 189-194
- The role of microRNA in rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.Clin. Immunol. 2010; 136: 1-15
- MicroRNAs (miRNAs) in neurodegenerative diseases.Brain Pathol. 2008; 18: 130-138
- Differential microRNA expression in PBMC from multiple sclerosis patients.PLoSONE. 2009; 4: e6309
- microRNAs: genomics, biogenesis, mechanism, and function.Cell. 2004; 116: 281-297
- microRNAs: target recognition and regulatory functions.Cell. 2009; 136: 215-233
- MicroRNA in the adaptive immune system, in sickness and in health.J ClinImmunol. 2010; 30: 339-346
- Small RNA regulators of T cell-mediated autoimmunity.J ClinlImmunol. 2010; 30: 347-357
- Physiological and pathological roles for microRNAs in the immune system.Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2010; 10: 111-122
- MicroRNAs in neurodegeneration.Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2008; 18: 292-296
- Prospects of repair in multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. Sci. 2009; 277: S16-S18
- SNP-guided microRNA maps (MirMaps) of 16 common human disorders identify a clinically accessible therapy reversing transcriptional aberrations of nuclear import and inflammasome pathways.Cell Cycle. 2008; 7: 3564-3576
- Human polymorphism at microRNAs and microRNA target sites.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2007; 104: 3300-3305
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis; 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292
- Rating neurologic impairment in multiple sclerosis: an expanded disability status scale (EDSS).Neurology. 1983; 33: 1444-1452
- MiRNA Profiling from Blood Challenges and Recommendations.Qiagen Handbook, 2012: 1-10
- Disability progression in aggressive multiple sclerosis.Mult. Scler. J. 2017; 23: 456-463
- Characteristics and predictors of progression in an Egyptian multiple sclerosiscohort: a multicenter registry study.Neuropsychiatr. Dis. Treat. 2017; 13: 1895-1903
- Multiple sclerosis epidemiology in Middle East and North Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neuroepidemiology. 2015; 44: 232-244
- Multiple sclerosis in Jordan: a clinical and epidemiological study.J. Neurol. 2006; 253: 1210-1216
- Multiple sclerosis in Iraq: does it have the same features encountered in Western countries?.J. Neurol. Sci. 2005; 234: 67-71
- Longitudinal interferon-beta effects in multiple sclerosis: differential regulation of IL-10 and IL-17a, while no sustained effects on IFN-gamma, IL-4 or IL-13.J Neurol. Sci. 2013; 325: 79-85
- The regulation of IL-10 production by immune cells.Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2010; 10: 170-181
Junker A, Krumbholz M, Eisele S, et al. MicroRNA profiling of multiple sclerosis lesions identifies modulators of the regulatory protein CD47. Brain. 2009; 1323342–3352.
- Multiple sclerosis: microRNA expression profiles accurately differentiate patients with relapsing-remitting disease from healthy controls.PLoS One. 2009; 4e7440
- ANZgene multiple sclerosis genetics consortium. MicroRNAs miR-17 and miR-20a inhibit T cell activation genes and are under-expressed in MS whole blood.PLoS One. 2010; 5e12132
McCoy CE. miR-155 dysregulation and therapeutic intervention in multiple sclerosis regulation of inflammatory signaling in health and disease. In Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology Book. Published 1967 – 2018; vol. 1024: 111–131.
- Expression and genetic analysis of miRNAs involved in CD4+ cell activation in patients with multiple sclerosis.Neurosci. Lett. 2011; 504: 9-12
- Identification of MS-specific serum miRNAs in an international multicenter study.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2018; 5e491