- •QSM directly maps brain tissue magnetic susceptibility reflecting iron deposition.
- •QSM showed dentate nuclei abnormality for DRPLA compared to HD and NCs.
- •Assessing the dentate nuclei using QSM may be useful for diagnosing DRPLA.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atrophy of the cerebellum and brainstem in dentatorubral pallidoluysian atrophy influence of CAG repeat size on MRI findings.Neurology. 1997; 49: 1605-1612
- Huntington disease: natural history, biomarkers and prospects for therapeutics.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2014; 10: 204-216
- Toward in vivo histology: a comparison of quantitative susceptibility mapping (QSM) with magnitude-, phase-, and R 2⁎-imaging at ultra-high magnetic field strength.Neuroimage. 2013; 65: 299-314
- Quantitative susceptibility mapping suggests altered brain iron in premanifest Huntington disease.Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2016; 37: 789-796
- Morphology enabled dipole inversion for quantitative susceptibility mapping using structural consistency between the magnitude image and the susceptibility map.NeuroImage. 2012; 59: 2560-2568
- Radiologic and neuropathologic findings in patients in a family with dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy.Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2011; 32: 109-114
- The neuropathology of Huntington's disease.in: Behavioral Neurobiology of Huntington's Disease and Parkinson's Disease. Springer, 2014: 33-80
- Dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA).Neuropathology. 2010; 30: 453-457
- Quantitative susceptibility mapping (QSM) as a means to measure brain iron? A post mortem validation study.Neuroimage. 2012; 62: 1593-1599
- Inflammation-induced iron transport and metabolism by brain microglia.J. Biol. Chem. 2018; 293 (p. jbc. RA118. 001949): 7853-7863