- •We implemented the strategic changes including the Helsinki thrombolysis model.
- •Phased strategic changes could reduce delay of tPA thrombolysis to 15 min.
- •Mild symptoms and anticoagulation were independent predictors for delay.
- •Simplification of brain imaging was a key strategy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effect of treatment delay, age, and stroke severity on the effects of intravenous thrombolysis with alteplase for acute ischaemic stroke: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from randomised trials.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1929-1935
- Reducing in-hospital delay to 20 minutes in stroke thrombolysis.Neurology. 2012; 79: 306-313
- Helsinki model cut stroke thrombolysis delays to 25 minutes in Melbourne in only 4 months.Neurology. 2013; 81: 1071-1076
- Improved reliability of the NIH Stroke Scale using video training. NINDS TPA Stroke Study Group.Stroke. 1994; 25: 2220-2226
- Guidelines for the intravenous application of recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator (alteplase), the second edition, October 2012: a guideline from the Japan Stroke Society.J. Stroke Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2013; 22: 571-600
- Point-of-care laboratory halves door-to-therapy-decision time in acute stroke.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 581-586
- Feasibility of using magnetic resonance imaging as a screening tool for acute stroke thrombolysis.J. Neurol. Sci. 2016; 368: 168-172
- MRI-based and CT-based thrombolytic therapy in acute stroke within and beyond established time windows: an analysis of 1210 patients.Stroke. 2007; 38: 2640-2645
- Magnetic resonance imaging-based versus computed tomography-based thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke: comparison of safety and efficacy within a cohort study.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2013; 35: 250-256
- Effects of increasing IV tPA-treated stroke mimic rates at CT-based centers on clinical outcomes.Neurology. 2017; 89: 343-348
- Trends in door-to-thrombolysis time in the safe implementation of stroke thrombolysis registry: effect of center volume and duration of registry membership.Stroke. 2015; 46: 1275-1280
- Thrombolysis: improving door-to-needle times for ischemic stroke treatment - a narrative review.Int. J. Stroke. 2018; 132: 268-276
- Delays in door-to-needle times and their impact on treatment time and outcomes in Get With The Guidelines-Stroke.Stroke. 2017; 48: 946-954
- ANGELS Initiative Community.https://www.angels-initiative.com/Date: 2017
- Effects of extending the time window of thrombolysis to 4.5 hours: observations in the Swedish stroke register (Riks-Stroke).Stroke. 2011; 42: 2492-2497
- A computerized in-hospital alert system for thrombolysis in acute stroke.Stroke. 2010; 41: 1978-1983
- Door-to-Needle Initiative.
- Thrombolysis and thrombectomy in patients treated with dabigatran with acute ischemic stroke: expert opinion.Int. J. Stroke. 2017; 12: 9-12
- Door-to-needle delays in minor stroke: a causal inference approach.Stroke. 2017; 48: 1980-1982
- Epidemiology of stroke and coronary artery disease in Asia.Circ. J. 2013; 77: 1923-1932
- International survey of acute stroke imaging used to make revascularization treatment decisions.Int. J. Stroke. 2015; 10: 759-762