- •Preventing brain atrophy of patients with MS is an urgent matter.
- •Annualized atrophy rate of NBV and attack number was significantly correlated.
- •Time from drug initiation was negatively correlated with attack number.
- •Negative correlation was found between time from drug initiation and atrophy rate.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 292-302
- Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders: Diagnosis, Medical Management, and Rehabilitation.Demos Medical Publishing, 2013
- Pathology and MRI: exploring cognitive impairment in MS.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2016; 134 Suppl 200: 24-33
- Cognitive impairment among patients with multiple sclerosis: associations with employment and quality of life.Postgrad. Med. J. 2017; 93: 143-147
- Early CNS neurodegeneration in radiologically isolated syndrome.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2015; 2: e102
- Interferon beta-1a slows progression of brain atrophy in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis predominantly by reducing gray matter atrophy.Mult. Scler. 2007; 13: 490-501
- A two-year study using cerebral gray matter volume to assess the response to fingolimod therapy in multiple sclerosis.J. Neurol. Sci. 2017; 383: 221-229
- A placebo-controlled trial of oral fingolimod in relapsing multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2010; 362: 387-401
- Safety and efficacy of fingolimod in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (FREEDOMS II): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13: 545-556
- Predictive value of early brain atrophy on response in patients treated with interferon beta.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2015; 2: e132
- Clinical relevance of brain atrophy assessment in multiple sclerosis. Implications for its use in a clinical routine.Expert. Rev. Neurother. 2016; 16: 777-793
- A longitudinal observational study of brain atrophy rate reflecting four decades of multiple sclerosis: a comparison of serial 1D, 2D, and volumetric measurements from MRI images.Neuroradiology. 2010; 52: 109-117
- Measurement of whole-brain atrophy in multiple sclerosis.J. Neuroimaging. 2004; 14 (Suppl): 11S-19S
- An automated tool for detection of FLAIR-hyperintense white-matter lesions in multiple sclerosis.Neuroimage. 2012; 59: 3774-3783
- Brain atrophy in relapsing multiple sclerosis: relationship to relapses, EDSS, and treatment with interferon beta-1a.Mult. Scler. 2000; 6: 365-372
- Efficacy of fingolimod and interferon beta-1b on cognitive, MRI, and clinical outcomes in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: an 18-month, open-label, rater-blinded, randomised, multicentre study (the GOLDEN study).J. Neurol. 2017; 264: 2436-2449
- Teriflunomide slows BVL in relapsing MS: a reanalysis of the TEMSO MRI data set using SIENA.Neurol. Neuroimmunol. Neuroinflamm. 2017; 4: e390
- Mechanisms of action of disease-modifying agents and brain volume changes in multiple sclerosis.Neurology. 2008; 71: 136-144