- •Antibiotic treatment only of mycotic aneurysms had regression or resolution of aneurysm in 28%.
- •Longer antibiotic treatment before aneurysm discovery was associated with regression or resolution of mycotic aneurysm.
- •Saccular morphology of mycotic aneurysm was associated with persistence or growth of aneurysm.
- •Rupture rate of aneurysm during valve repair may be lower than previously thought.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intracranial infectious aneurysms: a comprehensive review.Neurosurg. Rev. 2010; 33: 37-46
- Surgical management of infective endocarditis complicated by ischemic stroke.J. Card. Surg. 2017; 32: 9-13
- Intracranial microbial aneurysm (infectious aneurysm): current options for diagnosis and management.Neurocrit. Care. 2009; 11: 120-129
- STROBE initiative.The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE)statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 2008; 61: 344-349
- New criteria for diagnosis of infective endocarditis: utilization of specific echocardiographic findings. Duke endocarditis service.Am. J. Med. 1994; 96: 200-209
- Hemorrhage burden predicts recurrent intracerebral hemorrhage after lobar hemorrhage.Stroke. 2004; 35: 1415-1420
- Intracranial infectious aneurysm: presentation, management and outcome.J. Neurol. Sci. 2007 May; 256: 3-9
- Current multimodality management of infectious intracranial aneurysms.Neurosurgery. 2001 Jun; 48: 1203-1204
- Endocarditis-related cerebral aneurysms: radiologic changes with treatment.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 1995 Apr; 16: 745-748
- Review of cerebral aneurysm formation, growth, and rupture.Stroke. 2013 Dec; 44: 3613-3622
- Cerebral microbleeds predict impending intracranial hemorrhage in infective endocarditis.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2011; 32: 483-488
- Magnetic resonance imaging susceptibility-weighted imaging lesion and contrast enhancement may represent infectious intracranial aneurysm in infective endocarditis.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2017; 44: 210-216
- Cerebral microbleeds predict infectious intracranial aneurysm in infective endocarditis.Eur. J. Neurol. 2018; 25: 970-975
- Dynamic angiographic nature of cerebral mycotic aneurysms in patients with infective endocarditis.Stroke. 2016; 47: e8-e10
- A dangerous dilemma: management of infectious intracranial aneurysms complicating endocarditis.Lancet Infect. Dis. 2006 Nov; 6: 742-748
- Valve replacement in patients with endocarditis and acute neurologic deficit.Ann. Thorac. Surg. 1996; 61: 1125-1129