- •FPD imaging may provide an alternative workflow for acute ischemic stroke patients.
- •FPD-CTA can evaluate the site of intracranial occlusion and collateral status.
- •We found strong concordance between FPD-CTA and standard CTA on both.
- •This technique has important implications for triaging patients evaluated for MT.
- •Patients with known ELVO transferred from outside hospitals may especially benefit.
Abbreviations:CBV (cerebral blood volume), CS (collateral score), CT (computed tomography), CTA (computed tomography angiography), CTP (computed tomography perfusion), DWI (diffusion-weighted imaging), ELVO (emergent large vessel occlusion), FP-CTA (Flat Panel CTA), FPD (flat panel detectors), IV (Intravenous), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), MSU (mobile stroke unit), MT (mechanical thrombectomy), tPA (tissue plasminogen activator)
- A randomized trial of intraarterial treatment for acute ischemic stroke.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 372 (Epub 2014/12/18): 11-20
- Endovascular therapy for ischemic stroke with perfusion-imaging selection.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 372 (Epub 2015/02/12): 1009-1018
- Randomized assessment of rapid endovascular treatment of ischemic stroke.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 372 (Epub 2015/02/12): 1019-1030
- Thrombectomy within 8 hours after symptom onset in ischemic stroke.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 372 (Epub 2015/04/18): 2296-2306
- Stent-retriever thrombectomy after intravenous t-PA vs. t-PA alone in stroke.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 372 (Epub 2015/04/18): 2285-2295
- Association of a primary stroke center protocol for suspected stroke by large-vessel occlusion with efficiency of care and patient outcomes.JAMA Neurol. 2017; 74 (Epub 2017/05/12): 793-800
- CTA collateral score predicts infarct volume and clinical outcome after endovascular therapy for acute ischemic stroke: a retrospective chart review.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2016; 8 (Epub 2015/05/23): 559-562
- Posterior circulation CT angiography collaterals predict outcome of endovascular acute ischemic stroke therapy for basilar artery occlusion.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2016; 8 (Epub 2015/08/19): 783-786
- Malignant CTA collateral profile is highly specific for large admission DWI infarct core and poor outcome in acute stroke.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2012; 33 (Epub 2012/03/03): 1331-1336
- A prospective, multicenter pilot study investigating the utility of flat detector derived parenchymal blood volume maps to estimate cerebral blood volume in stroke patients.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2014; 6: 451-6. Epub 2013/08/15https://doi.org/10.1136/neurintsurg-2013-010840
- Advanced neuroimaging in stroke patient selection for mechanical thrombectomy.Stroke. 2018; 49: 3067-3070https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.118.022540
- Low signal, high noise and large uncertainty make CT perfusion unsuitable for acute ischemic stroke patient selection for endovascular therapy.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2012; 4 (Epub 2012/06/09): 242-245
- ASPECTS decay during inter-facility transfer in patients with large vessel occlusion strokes.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2017; 9 (Epub 2016/04/24): 442-444
- Low rates of acute recanalization with intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator in ischemic stroke: real-world experience and a call for action.Stroke. 2010; 41 (Epub 2010/09/11): 2254-2258
- Successful reperfusion with intravenous thrombolysis preceding mechanical thrombectomy in large- vessel occlusions.Stroke. Jan, 2018; 49: 232-235
- One stop management in acute stroke: first mothership patient transported directly to the angiography suite.Clin. Neuroradiol. 2017; 27 (Epub 2017/03/09): 389-391
- Diagnosis and treatment of patients with stroke in a mobile stroke unit versus in hospital: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet Neurol. 2012; 11 (Epub 2012/04/14): 397-404
- Use of the Alberta Stroke Program Early CT Score (ASPECTS) for assessing CT scans in patients with acute stroke.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2001; 22 (Epub 2001/09/18): 1534-1542
- Latest generation of flat detector CT as a peri-interventional diagnostic tool: a comparative study with multidetector CT.J. Neurointerv. Surg. 2017; 9 (Epub 2016/12/22): 1253-1257