- •Elevated E/e' could predict 90-day mortality in patients with ischemic stroke.
- •We developed a clinical score, the DONE score, for prediction of 90-day mortality.
- •The DONE score was consisted of D-dimer, Occlusion of ICA or BA, NIHSS score and E/e'.
- •The mortality was about 30% in patients with the DONE score ≧64.
- •The DONE score also could predict poor outcome at 90 days.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2017 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e146-e603https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000485
- IScore: a risk score to predict death early after hospitalization for an acute ischemic stroke.Circulation. 2011; 123: 739-749https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.110.983353
- The PLAN Score: a bedside prediction rule for death and severe disability following acute ischemic stroke.Arch. Intern. Med. 2012; 172: 1548-1556https://doi.org/10.1001/2013.jamainternmed.30
- An integer-based score to predict functional outcome in acute ischemic stroke: the ASTRAL score.Neurology. 2012; 78: 1916-1922https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0b013e318259e221
- Brain natriuretic peptide predicts functional outcome in ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2012; 43: 441-445https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.111.629212
- Association of atrial fibrillation with mortality and disability after ischemic stroke.Neurology. 2013; 81: 825-832https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0b013e3182a2cc15
- Multivariable analysis of outcome predictors and adjustment of main outcome results to baseline data profile in randomised controlled trials: Safe Implementation of Thrombolysis in Stroke-MOnitoring STudy (SITS-MOST).Stroke. 2008; 39: 3316-3322https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.107.510768
- Mortality rate in patients with diastolic dysfunction and normal systolic function.Arch. Intern. Med. 2011; 171: 1082-1087https://doi.org/10.1001/archinternmed.2011.244
- Left ventricular diastolic dysfunction is associated with atrial remodeling and risk or presence of stroke in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.J. Cardiol. 2016; 68: 104-109https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jjcc.2015.10.008
- Diastolic dysfunction and outcome in acute ischemic stroke.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2016; 41: 148-155https://doi.org/10.1159/000442006
- Left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in ischemic stroke: functional and vascular outcomes.J. Stroke. 2016; 18: 195-202https://doi.org/10.5853/jos.2015.01697
- Tissue Doppler-derived index of left ventricular filling pressure, E/E', predicts survival of patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.Heart. 2006; 92: 1248-1252https://doi.org/10.1136/hrt.2005.082594
- Regression Modeling Strategies: With Applications to Linear Models, Logistic and Ordinal Regression, and Survival Analysis.2nd ed. Springer Series in Statistics. Springer, 2015: 20
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 327: 307-310
- Evaluation and management of diastolic heart failure.Circulation. 2003; 107: 659-663https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000053948.10914.49
- Incremental prognostic value of diastolic dysfunction in low risk patients undergoing echocardiography: beyond Framingham score.Int. J. Cardiovasc. Imaging. 2013; 29: 1441-1450https://doi.org/10.1007/s10554-013-0246-2
- Prevalence and prognosis of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in the elderly: the PROTEGER study.Am. Heart J. 2010; 160: 471-478https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2010.06.027
- Left ventricle diastolic dysfunction and prognosis.Circulation. 2012; 125: 743-745https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.111.086843
- Significance of large vessel intracranial occlusion causing acute ischemic stroke and TIA.Stroke. 2009; 40: 3834-3840https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.109.561787
- Treatment and outcomes of acute basilar artery occlusion in the Basilar Artery International Cooperation Study (BASICS): a prospective registry study.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 724-730https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(09)70173-5
- Effect of elevated left ventricular diastolic filling pressure on the frequency of left atrial appendage thrombus in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.Am. J. Cardiol. 2011; 107: 417-422https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2010.09.042
- Plasma D-dimer predicts short-term poor outcome after acute ischemic stroke.PLoS One. 2014; 9e89756https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0089756
- High plasma D-dimer indicates unfavorable outcome of acute ischemic stroke patients receiving intravenous thrombolysis.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2016; 42: 117-121https://doi.org/10.1159/000445037
- VISTA collaborators, validating and comparing stroke prognosis scales.Neurology. 2017; 89: 997-1002https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000004332
- Smoking paradox in patients hospitalized with coronary artery disease or acute ischemic stroke: findings from get with the guidelines.Circ. Cardiovasc. Qual. Outcomes. 2015; 8: S73-S80https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.114.001244
- Influences of hyperlipidemia history on stroke outcome; a retrospective cohort study based on the Kyoto Stroke Registry.BMC Neurol. 2015; 15: 44https://doi.org/10.1186/s12883-015-0297-1
- Combining acute diffusion-weighted imaging and mean transmit time lesion volumes with national institutes of health stroke scale score improves the prediction of acute stroke outcome.Stroke. 2010; 41: 1728-1735https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.110.582874
- Endovascular thrombectomy after large-vessel ischaemic stroke: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from five randomised trials.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1723-1731https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)00163-X