We thank Dr. Binaghi et al. for their thoughtful comments about our review article “Immediate versus delayed detection of Takotsubo syndrome after epileptic seizures” [
]. For this article we included only reports which provided information about the interval between the epileptic seizure and the detection of Takotsubo syndrome (TTS) as well as studies that reported the 12‑lead electrocardiogram. Thus no information about prevalence and prognosis of seizure-associated TTS can be derived from our data.
- Stöllberger C.
- Sauerberg M.
- Finsterer J.
Immediate versus delayed detection of Takotsubo syndrome after epileptic seizures.
J. Neurol. Sci. 2019; 397: 42-47
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Immediate versus delayed detection of Takotsubo syndrome after epileptic seizures.J. Neurol. Sci. 2019; 397: 42-47
- Seizure-triggered Takotsubo syndrome rarely causes SUDEP.Seizure. 2015; 31: 84-87
- Long-term prognosis of patients with Takotsubo syndrome.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2018; 72: 874-882
- Complications in the clinical course of tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy.Int. J. Cardiol. 2014; 176: 199-205
- Current state of knowledge on Takotsubo syndrome: a Position Statement from the Taskforce on Takotsubo Syndrome of the Heart failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology.Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2016; 18: 8-27
- Time course of electrocardiographic changes in transient left ventricular ballooning syndrome.Int. J. Cardiol. 2013; 169: 276-280
Published online: January 14, 2019
Accepted: January 11, 2019
Received: January 9, 2019
© 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.