- •Also intracerebral tumors may be a trigger for anti-NMDAR antibodies.
- •Dysregulated lymphoma cells might produce anti-NMDAR antibodies.
- •Neuronal damage induced by neoplastic cells could lead to antibody synthesis.
Abbreviations:NMDAR (N-Methyl-d-aspartate receptor), LC (Lymphomatosis cerebri), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), DAT-SPECT (dopamine transporter imaging with single photon emission computed tomography), PET (positron emission tomography), CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid), CNS (Central Nervous System), EBER (Epstein-Barr virus latency-associated RNA), LGI1 (leucine-rich glioma-inactivated 1)
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Treatment and prognostic factors for long-term outcome in patients with anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis: an observational cohort study.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12: 157-165
- Malignant tumors in autoimmune encephalitis with anti-NMDA receptor antibodies.J. Neurol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-018-8970-0
- Limbic encephalitis associated with antibodies to the NMDA receptor in Hodgkin lymphoma.Neurology. 2009; 73: 2039-2040
- Analysis of complement and plasma cells in the brain of patients with anti-NMDAR bencephalitis.Neurology. 2011; 77: 589-593
- NMDA receptor encephalitis and other antibody-mediated disorders of the synapse: the 2016 Cotzias Lecture.Neurology. 2016; 87: 2471-2482
- Herpes simplex virus encephalitis is a trigger of brain autoimmunity.Ann. Neurol. 2014; 75: 317-323
- Primary B cell lymphoma oft he CNS mimicking anti-LGI1 limbic encephalitis.Front. Neurol. 2018; 9: 658
- NMDAR encephalitis: passive transfer from man to mouse by a recombinant antibody.Ann. Clin. Transl. Neurol. 2017; 4: 768-783
- Primary central nervous system lymphomas express Vh genes with intermediate to high somatic mutations.Leuk. Lymphoma. 2001; 41: 377-385
Published online: January 14, 2019
Accepted: January 11, 2019
Received in revised form: January 7, 2019
Received: December 7, 2018
© 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.