- •The study evaluated the amyloid patterns and clinical features in the Taiwan familial AD with D678H APP mutation.
- •Early onset of memory impairment and cerebral amyloid angiopathy in 2 patients.
- •The highest stardand uptake value ratio in the occipital and cerebellar cortical areas in the gCD patients.
- •The familial D678H gene mutation patients have a more potent amyloid burden than the sporadic AD patients
Abbreviations:ADAS-Cog (Alzheimer's disease assessment scale-cognitive subscale), AD (Alzheimer's disease), Aβ (amyloid-β), APP (amyloid precursor protein), APoE (apolipoprotein), CD (cognitive decline), FAD (familial Alzheimer's disease), FLAIR (fluid attenuation inversion recovery), gAD (genetic Alzheimer's disease), gCD (genetic cognitive decline), HC (healthy control), MCI (mild cognitive impairment), MMSE (Mini-Mental State Examination), PCR (polymerase chain reaction), PS1 (presenilin 1), PS2 (presenilin 2), sAD (sporadic Alzheimer's disease), sCD (sporadic cognitive decline), SUVR (standard uptake value ratio), VOI (volume of interest)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
- The amyloid hypothesis of Alzheimer's disease: progress and problems on the road to therapeutics.Science. 2002; 297: 353-356
- The molecular and genetic basis of AD: the end of the beginning: the 2000 Wartenberg lecture.Neurology. 2000; 54: 2045-2054
- A genetic dichotomy model for the inheritance of Alzheimer's disease and common age-related disorders.J. Clin. Invest. 1999; 104: 1175-1179
- A pathogenic mutation for probable Alzheimer's disease in APP gene at the N-terminus of beta amyloid.Nat. Genet. 1992; 1: 345-347
- The genetic defect causing familial Alzheimer's disease maps on chromosome 21.Science. 1987; 235: 885-890
- Hyperaccumulation of FAD-linked presenilin 1 variants in vivo.Nat. Med. 1997; 3: 756-759
- Cloning of a gene bearing missense mutation in early onset familial Alzheimer's disease.Nature. 1995; 375: 754-760
- Segregation of a missense mutation in the amyloid precursor protein gene with familial Alzheimer's disease.Nature. 1991; 349: 704-706
- Hereditary cerebral hemorrhage with amyloidosis-Dutch type: its importance for Alzheimer research.Trends Neurosci. 1991; 14: 231-234
- Amyloid precursor protein mutation E682K at the alternative β-secretase cleavage β'-site increases Aβ generation.EMBO Mol. Med. 2011; 3: 291-302
- More missense in amyloid gene.Nat. Genet. 1992; 2: 255-256
- Familial Alzheimer disease associated with A713T mutation in APP.Neurosci. Lett. 2004; 11: 241-243
- Presenile dementia and cerebral hemorrhage linked to a mutation at codon 692 of the beta-amyloid precursor protein gene.Nat. Genet. 1992; 1: 218-221
- Novel amyloid precursor protein mutation in an Iowa family with dementia and severe cerebral amyloid angiopathy.Ann. Neurol. 2001; 49: 697-705
- A recessive mutation in the APP gene with dominant-negative effect on amyloidogenesis.Science. 2009; 323: 1473-1477
- APP duplication is sufficient to cause early onset Alzheimer's dementia with cerebral amyloid angiopathy.Brain. 2006; 129: 2977-2983
- Amyloid-beta (Aβ) D7H mutation increases oligomeric Aβ42 and alters properties of Aβ-Zinc/copper assemblies.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e34666
- A novel APP mutation (D678H) in a Taiwanese patient exhibiting dementia and cerebral microvasculopathy.J. Clin. Neurosci. 2013; 21: 513-515
Jack CR Jr, Lowe VJ, Weigand SD, Wiste HJ, Senjem ML, Knopman DS, et al. Serial PiB and MRI in normal, mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease: implications for sequence of pathological events in Alzheimer's disease. 2009; Brain 132: 1355–65.
- Hypothetical model of dynamic biomarkers of the Alzheimer's pathological cascade.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 119-128
- Use of florbetapir PET for imaging beta-amyloid pathology.JAMA. 2011; 305: 275-283
- Regional amyloid deposition in amnestic mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease evaluated by 18F-AV-45 positron emission tomography in Chinese population.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e58974
Mckhann GM, Knopman DS, Chertkow H, Hyman BT, Jack CR Jr, Kawas CH, et al. The diagnosis of dementia due to Alzheimer's disease: Recommendations from the National Institute on aging and the Alzheimer's association workgroup. Alzheimers Dement. 2011; 7: 263–9.
- APOE episilon 4 increase the risk of progression from amnestic mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer's disease among ethnic Chinese in Taiwan.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2011; 82: 165-169
- Clinical phenotype and genetic associations in autosomal dominant familial Alzheimer's disease: a case series.Lancet Neurol. 2016; 15: 1326-1335
- GMP-compliant automated synthesis of [(18)F]AV-45 (Florbetapir F 18) for imaging beta-amyloid plaques in human brain.Appl. Radiat. Isot. 2010; 68: 2293-2297
- Whole-body biodistribution and brain PET imaging with [18F]AV-45, a novel amyloid imaging agent--a pilot study.Nucl. Med. Biol. 2010; 37: 497-508
- Beta-amyloid deposition and cognitive function in patients with major depressive disorder with different subtypes of mild cognitive impairment: F-florbetapir (AV-45/Amyvid) PET study.Eur. J. Nucl. Med. Mol. Imaging. 2016; 43: 1067-1076
- The antibody aducanumab reduces Aβ plaques in Alzheimer's disease.Nature. 2016; 537: 50-56
- Novel amyloid precursor protein gene missense mutation (D678N) in probable familial Alzheimer's disease.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2004; 75: 1039-1042
- Effects of the English (H6R) and Tottori (D7N) familial Alzheimer disease mutations on amyloid beta-protein assembly and toxicity.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 23186-23197
- Differential regulation of amyloid precursor protein sorting with pathological mutations results in a distinct effect on amyloid-β production.J. Neurochem. 2014; 131: 407-412
- Biological metals and Alzheimer's disease: Implications for therapeutics and diagnostics.Prog Neuobiol. 2010; 92: 1-18
- Posterior cortical atrophy.Arch Neural. 1988; 45: 789-793
- Increased metabolic vulnerability in early-onset Alzheimer's disease is not related to amyloid burden.Brain. 2010; 133: 512-528
- Imaging of amyloid burden and distribution in cerebral amyloid angiopathy.Ann. Neurol. 2007; 62: 229-234
- Spatial clustering of hemorrhages in probable cerebral amyloid angiopathy.Ann. Neurol. 2005; 58: 459-462