- •Opsoclonus might be associated with cefepime neurotoxicity.
- •Cefepime neurotoxicity most commonly presents with myoclonus and encephalopathy.
- •Continuous video-EEG is vital to monitor for non-convulsive status epilepticus.
- •Cefepime neurotoxicity occurs in susceptible patients despite normal renal clearance.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Evidence for the involvement of GABA(A) receptor blockade in convulsions induced by cephalosporins.Neuropharmacology. 2003; 45: 304-314
- Cefepime-induced neurotoxicity: a systematic review.Crit. Care. 2017; 21: 276
- Cefepime neurotoxicity in the intensive care unit: a cause of severe, underappreciated encephalopathy.Crit. Care. 2013; 17: R264
- Saccadic burst cell membrane dysfunction is responsible for saccadic oscillations.J. Neuroophthalmol. 2008; 28: 329-336
- Clinical and immunological features of opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome in the era of neuronal cell surface antibodies.JAMA Neurol. 2016; 73: 417-424
- A method for estimating the probability of adverse drug reactions.Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. 1981; 30: 239-245
- Cefepime-induced jaw myoclonus.Neurology. 2015; 84: 1183
- Cefixime-induced oculogyric crisis.Pediatr. Emerg. Care. 2012; 28: 55-56