Abbreviations:MIE (metronidazole-induced encephalopathy), WE (Wernicke encephalopathy)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Metronidazole-induced central nervous system toxicity: a systematic review.Clin. Neuropharmacol. 2011; 34: 241-247
- Clinical and neuroradiological spectrum of metronidazole induced encephalopathy: our experience and the review of literature.J. Clin. Diagn. Res. 2016; 10: OE01-OE09
- Enzymatic conversion of the antibiotic metronidazole to an analog of thiamine.Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 1987; 257: 357-362
- Metronidazole neuropathy.Br. Med. J. 1977; 2: 610-611
- Generation of nitro radical anions of some 5-nitrofurans, 2- and 5-nitroimidazoles by norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin. A possible mechanism for neurotoxicity caused by nitroheterocyclic drugs.J. Biol. Chem. 1987; 262: 11731-11736
- Metronidazole-induced and Wernicke encephalopathy: two different entities sharing the same metabolic pathway?.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2008; 29 (author reply E85): E84
- Wernicke's encephalopathy: atypical manifestation at MR imaging.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2001; 22: 1480-1482
- Wernicke's encephalopathy: unusual manifestation on MRI.J. Neurol. 2005; 252: 1550-1552
- MR imaging of metronidazole-induced encephalopathy: lesion distribution and diffusion-weighted imaging findings.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 2007; 28: 1652-1658
- Wernicke's encephalopathy in a malnourished surgical patient: clinical features and magnetic resonance imaging.Acta Anaesthesiol. Scand. 2005; 49: 1566-1570