- •In patients with spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage treated with analgesics, headache duration can be very short
- •In neurologically intact patients with SAH, headache disappeared in ≈ 5% < 24 h after ictus and in ≈ 10% at 48 h
- •Earliest notification of absence of headache was 10 hours after ictus.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prospective study of sentinel headache in aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage.Lancet. 1994; 344: 590-593
- European Stroke Organization. European Stroke Organization guidelines for the management of intracranial aneurysms and subarachnoid haemorrhage.Cerebrovasc. Dis. 2013; 35: 93-112
- American Heart Association Stroke Council; Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention; Council on Cardiovascular Nursing; Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia; Council on Clinical Cardiology. Guidelines for the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2012; 43: 1711-1737
- Nonaneurysmal perimesencephalic subarachnoid hemorrhage: CT and MR patterns that differ from aneurysmal rupture.AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol. 1991; 12: 829-834
- Predicting outcome in individual patients after severe head injury.Lancet. 1976; 1: 1031-1034
- Assessment of coma and impaired consciousness. A practical scale.Lancet. 1974; 13: 81-84
- Grading the amount of blood on computed tomograms after subarachnoid hemorrhage.Stroke. 1990; 21: 1156-1161
- Acute hydrocephalus after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.J. Neurosurg. 1985; 63: 355-362
- Acute headache: a prospective diagnostic work-up of patients admitted to a general hospital.Eur. J. Neurol. 2008; 15: 1293-1299
- Acute headache of recent onset and subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective study.Headache. 1994; 34: 172-174
- Headache characteristics in subarachnoid haemorrhage and benign thunderclap headache.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 1998; 65: 791-793
- The course of headache in patients with moderate-to-severe headache due to aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a retrospective cross-sectional study.Headache. 2015; 55: 992-999