- •A case of CJD similar to ALS with frontotemporal dementia (ALS-FTD) is reported.
- •ALS-FTD like symptoms may be an integral part of CJD.
- •RT-QUIC may complement the weakness of 14-3-3 protein, tau protein and MR images.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Amyotrophy in prion diseases.Arch. Neurol. 2000; 57: 33-38
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease with amyotrophy and demyelinating polyneuropathy.Arch. Neurol. 2002; 59: 1811-1814
- Ultrasensitive human prion detection in cerebrospinal fluid by real-time quaking-induced conversion.Nat. Med. 2011; 17: 175-178
- Simplified ultrasensitive prion detection by recombinant PrP conversion with shaking.Nat. Methods. 2008; 5: 211-212
- Impairment of the peripheral nervous system in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.Arch. Neurol. 2002; 59: 1430-1436
- TDP-43 and FUS in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 995-1007
- Pathogenic protein seeding in Alzheimer disease and other neurodegenerative disorders.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 70: 532-540
- Self-propagation of pathogenic protein aggregates in neurodegenerative diseases.Nature. 2013; 501: 45-51
- Cognitive impairment in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Lancet Neurol. 2007; 6: 994-1003
M.T. Giordana, P. Ferrero, S. Grifoni, A. Pellerino, A. Naldi, A. Montuschi, Dementia and cognitive impairment in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a review. Neurol. Sci. 32:9–16.
- Sensitivity of revised diagnostic criteria for the behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementia.Brain J. Neurol. 2011; 134: 2456-2477
- Real-time quaking-induced conversion: a highly sensitive assay for prion detection.Prion. 2011; 5: 150-153
- Cerebrospinal fluid real-time quaking-induced conversion is a robust and reliable test for sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: an international study.Ann. Neurol. 2016; 80: 160-165
- CSF tau correlates with CJD disease severity and cognitive decline.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2015;
- Real-time quaking-induced conversion analysis for the diagnosis of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in Korea.J. Clin. Neurol. 2016; 12: 101-106