- •Electrophysiological properties of NSC-34 cell lines were studied in the present study.
- •NSC 34 cell line has the ability to discharge spontaneously and rhythmically.
- •Mean firing frequency revealed that NSC 34 cell lines have >2 distinct types of neuronal populations.
- •NSC-34 cell line has both principal and interneurons.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Neuroblastoma x spinal cord (NSC) hybrid cell lines resemble developing motor neurons.Dev. Dyn. 1992; 194: 209-221
- Evaluation of the spinal cord neuron X neuroblastoma hybrid cell line NSC-34 as a model for neurotoxicity testing. [Internet].Neurotoxicology. 1993; : 387-395
- Neurotransmitter synthesis by neuroblastoma clones (neuroblast differentiation-cell culture-choline acetyltransferase-acetylcholinesterase-tyrosine hydroxylase-axons-dendrites).Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 1972; 69: 258-263
- Differentiated NSC-34 motoneuron-like cells as experimental model for cholinergic neurodegeneration.Neurochem. Int. 2013; 62: 1029-1038
- Low levels of ALS-linked Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase increase the production of reactive oxygen species and cause mitochondrial damage and death in motor neuron-like cells.J. Neurol. Sci. 2005; 232: 95-103
- Evidence of endoplasmic reticular stress in the spinal motor neurons exposed to CSF from sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients.Neurobiol. Dis. 2011; 41: 695-705
- Cerebrospinal fluid from sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients induces degeneration of a cultured motor neuron cell line.Brain Res. 2009; 1263: 122-133
- Vascular endothelial growth factor attenuates neurodegenerative changes in the NSC-34 motor neuron cell line induced by cerebrospinal fluid of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients.Neurodegener. Dis. 2011; 8: 322-330
- Excitotoxic death of a subset of embryonic rat motor neurons in vitro.J. Neurochem. [Internet]. 1999; 72: 500-513
- Neurofilament phosphorylation is enhanced in cultured chick spinal cord neurons exposed to cerebrospinal fluid from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients.Acta Neuropathol. 1994; 88: 349-352
- Altered in-vitro and in-vivo expression of glial glutamate transporter-1 following exposure to cerebrospinal fluid of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients.J. Neurol. Sci. 2007; 254: 9-16
- A new fixed-array multi-microelectrode system designed for long-term monitoring of extracellular single unit neuronal activity in vitro.Neurosci. Lett. 1977; 6: 101-105
- A new approach to neural cell culture for long-term studies.J. Neurosci. Methods. 2001; 110: 17-24
- A miniature microelectrode array to monitor the bioelectric activity of cultured cells.Exp. Cell Res. 1972; 74: 61-66
- High-density electrode array for imaging in vitro electrophysiological activity.Biosens. Bioelectron. 2005; 21: 167-174
- Tetrodes markedly improve the reliability and yield of multiple single-unit isolation from multi-unit recordings in cat striate cortex.J. Neurosci. Methods. 1995; 63: 43-54
- Electrophysiological characterization of sodium-activated potassium channels in NG108-15 and NSC-34 motor neuron-like cells.Acta Physiol. 2012; 206: 120-134
- The bradford method for protein quantitation.Methods Mol. Biol. 1988; 3: 25-32
- Axonal transection in the lesions of multiple sclerosis.N. Engl. J. Med. [Internet]. 1998; 338: 278-285
- NG2-positive oligodendrocyte progenitor cells in adult human brain and multiple sclerosis lesions.J. Neurosci. 2000; 20: 6404-6412
- Role of VEGF and VEGFR2 receptor in reversal of ALS-CSF induced degeneration of NSC-34 motor neuron cell line.Mol. Neurobiol. 2014;
- Heterologous expression of a glial kir channel (KCNJ10) in a neuroblastoma spinal cord (NSC-34) cell line.Physiol. Res. 2013; 62: 95-105
- Defined types of cortical interneurone structure space and spike timing in the hippocampus.J. Physiol. [Internet]. 2005; 562: 9-26
- Interneurons of the hippocampus.Hippocampus. 1996; 6: 347-470
- Interneurons of the neocortical inhibitory system.Nat. Rev. Neurosci. [Internet]. 2004; 5: 793-807
- Mechanisms of gamma oscillations in the hippocampus of the behaving rat.Neuron. 2003; 37: 311-322
- Mammalian motor neurons corelease glutamate and acetylcholine at central synapses.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2005; 102: 5245-5249
- Reliability and state dependence of pyramidal cell-interneuron synapses in the hippocampus: an ensemble approach in the behaving rat.Neuron. 1998; 21: 179-189
- Phase relationship between hippocampal place units and the EEG theta rhythm.Hippocampus. 1993; 3: 317-330
- Development and characterisation of a glutamate-sensitive motor neurone cell line.J. Neurochem. 2000; 74: 1895-1902
- Acquisition of neuron-like electrophysiological properties in neuroblastoma cells by controlled expression of NDM29 ncRNA.J. Neurochem. 2011 Dec 1; 119: 989-1001
- Exact distinction of excitatory and inhibitory neurons in neural networks: a study with GFP-GAD67 neurons optically and electrophysiologically recognized on multielectrode arrays.Front. Neural. Circuits. 2012 Sep 6; 6: 63
- Birthdate study of GABAergic neurons in the lumbar spinal cord of the glutamic acid decarboxylase 67-green fluorescent protein knock-in mouse.Front. Neuroanat. 2013; 7