- •Triptans may be effective in alleviating headache attributable to dural arteriovenous fistula involving the cavernous sinus.
- •Pregabalin may represent a good therapeutic choice for pain due to paradoxical worsening after embolization for cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula.
- •The diagnosis of dural arteriovenous fistula involving the cavernous sinus should be considered in the face of facial pain intractable to conventional medical therapy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diagnosis and management of dural carotid-cavernous sinus fistulas.Neurosurg Focus. 2007; 23 ([Epub 2007/11/17]): E13
- Triptan-induced contractile (5-HT1B receptor) responses in human cerebral and coronary arteries: relationship to clinical effect.Clin Sci (Lond). 2005; 109 ([Epub 2005/04/28]): 335-342
- Magnetic resonance angiography of intracranial and extracranial arteries in patients with spontaneous migraine without aura: a cross-sectional study.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12 ([Epub 2013/04/13]): 454-461
- Disruption of communication between peripheral and central trigeminovascular neurons mediates the antimigraine action of 5HT 1B/1D receptor agonists.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004; 101 ([Epub 2004/03/16]): 4274-4279
- Clinical and angiographic factors related to the prognosis of cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula.Neuroradiology. 2011; 53 ([Epub 2010/12/17]): 983-992
- Pregabalin in neuropathic pain: evidences and possible mechanisms.Curr Neuropharmacol. 2014; 12 ([Epub 2014/02/18]): 44-56
- Gabapentin in painful ophthalmoplegia.J Pain Symptom Manage. 2002; 24 ([Epub 2002/11/30]): 288-289
- Cavernous sinus syndrome and headache due to bilateral carotid artery aneurysms.Arch Neurol. 2003; 60 ([Epub 2003/09/17]): 1327-1328
- Anatomy of the cavernous sinus region.J Clin Neurosci. 2001; 8 ([Epub 2001/06/02]): 78-81