- •This study investigates the expression of miRNA-206 in a sporadic model of ALS.
- •3.7 fold increase in miR-206 seen in gastrocnemius muscle of ALS-CSF injected rats.
- •Contrarily, ALS-CSF caused 2.05 fold down-regulation of miR-206 in biceps brachii.
- •De-regulation of miR-206 modulates the muscle responses in a differential manner.
- •Mir-206 could be explored for its potential role in disease diagnosis and prognosis.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Molecular signatures of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis disease progression in hind and forelimb muscles of an SOD1(G93A) mouse model.Antioxid Redox Signal. Nov 15 2012; 17 ([Epub 2012 Jun 13]): 1333-1350https://doi.org/10.1089/ars.2012.4524
- Down regulation of trophic factors in neonatal rat spinal cord after administration of cerebrospinal fluid from sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients.J Neural Transm. 2011; 118: 531-538https://doi.org/10.1007/s00702-010-0520-6
- miR-206 and -486 induce myoblast differentiation by downregulating Pax7.Mol Cell Biol. 2011; 31: 203-214https://doi.org/10.1128/mcb.01009-10
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis — evidence of early denervation of fast-twitch muscles.BAM. 2007; 17: 141-145
- Time course of preferential motor unit loss in the SOD1 G93A mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Neurobiol Dis. 2007; 28: 154-164https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nbd.2007.07.003
- Reach task-associated excitatory overdrive of motor cortical neurons following infusion with ALS-CSF.J Neural Transm. 2014; 121: 49-58https://doi.org/10.1007/s00702-013-1071-4
- MicroRNA-206: a potential circulating biomarker candidate for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.PLoS One. Feb 20 2014; 9 ([eCollection 2014]): e89065https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0089065
- MicroRNA-206 delays ALS progression and promotes regeneration of neuromuscular synapses in mice.Science. 2009; 326: 1549-1554https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1181046
- Skeletal muscle-restricted expression of human SOD1 causes motor neuron degeneration in transgenic mice.Hum Mol Genet. 2010; 19: 2284-2302https://doi.org/10.1093/hmg/ddq106
- Pax7 and myogenic progression in skeletal muscle satellite cells.J Cell Sci. 2006; 119: 1824-1832https://doi.org/10.1242/jcs.02908
Published online: July 09, 2014
Accepted: July 1, 2014
Received in revised form: June 23, 2014
Received: May 22, 2014
© 2014 Elsevier B.V. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.