- •Fasudil reduces inflammatory cytokines and chemokines in cultured astrocytes.
- •Fasudil reduces infiltration and accumulation of pathogenic T cells into the CNS.
- •The expression of CCL-20 on astrocytes was inhibited in Fasudil-treated EAE.
- •Fasudil declines astrocyte chemokine-mediated infiltration of pathogenic T cells.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Hypoperfusion of the cerebral white matter in multiple sclerosis: possible mechanisms and pathophysiological significance.J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2008; 28: 1645-1651
- Blood–brain barrier disruption and enhanced vascular permeability in the multiple sclerosis model EAE.J Neuroimmunol. 2010; 229: 180-191
- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: cytokines, effector T cells, and antigen-presenting cells in aprototypical Th1-mediated autoimmune disease.Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2003; 3: 86-93
- Astrocytes: biology and pathology.Acta Neuropathol. 2010; 119: 7-35
- Tripartite synapses: roles for astrocytic purines in the control of synaptic physiology and behavior.Neuropharmacology. 2009; 57: 343-346
- Expression of MCP-1 by reactive astrocytes in demyelinating multiple sclerosis lesions.Am J Pathol. 1999; 154: 45-51
- The cytokine storm in multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 1998; 4: 12-15
- CCL2 binding is CCR2 independent in primary adult human astrocytes.Brain Res. 2012; 1437: 115-126
- CCL2 and CCL5 mediate leukocyte adhesion in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis—an intravital microscopy study.J Neuroimmunol. 2005; 162: 122-129
- Expression of CC chemokines and their receptors in the eye in autoimmune anterior uveitis associated with EAE.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001; 42: 2894-2903
- IL-9 promotes Th17 cell migration into the central nervous system via CC chemokine ligand-20 produced by astrocytes.J Immunol. 2011; 186: 4415-4421
- Macrophage inflammatory protein 3alpha is expressed at inflamed epithelial surfaces and is the most potent chemokine known in attracting Langerhans cell precursors.J Exp Med. 2000; 192: 705-718
- Astrocytes are the major intracerebral source of macrophage inflammatory protein-3alpha/CCL20 in relapsing experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and in vitro.Glia. 2003; 41: 290-300
- Catalpol inhibits LPS plus IFN-γ-induced inflammatory response in astrocytes primary cultures.Toxicol In Vitro. 2013; 27: 543-550
- CCL2 modulates cytokine production in cultured mouse astrocytes.J Neuroinflammation. 2010; 7: 67
- Dissociation of neonatal rat brain by dispase for preparation of primary astrocyte cultures.Neurochem Res. 1984; 9: 1689-1698
- Migratory response of mesenchymal stem cells to macrophage migration inhibitory factor and its antagonist as a function of colony-forming efficiency.Biotechnol Lett. 2010; 32: 19-27
- Chemokine receptor CXCR3 agonist prevents human T-cell migration in a humanized model of arthritic inflammation.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012; 109: 4598-4603
- Fasudil ameliorates disease progression in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, acting possibly through antiinflammatory effect.CNS Neurosci Ther. 2012; 18: 909-917
- Comparative neuropathology of chronic experimental allergic encephalomyelitis and multiple sclerosis.Schriftenr Neurol. 1983; 25: 1-135
- Astrocytes in the tempest of multiple sclerosis.FEBS Lett. 2011; 585: 3781-3788
- Astrocytes—friends or foes in multiple sclerosis?.Glia. 2007; 55: 1300-1312
- The effects of fasudil on the permeability of the rat blood–brain barrier and blood-spinal cord barrier following experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.J Neuroimmunol. 2011; 239: 61-67
- The neurotoxic effect of astrocytes activated with toll-like receptor ligands.J Neuroimmunol. 2013; 254: 10-18
- LPS-induced release of IL-6 from glia modulates production of IL-1β in a JAK2-dependent manner.J Neuroinflammation. 2012; 9: 126
- Immune function of astrocytes.Glia. 2001; 36: 180-190
- Inhibition of nitric oxide production and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression by a polymethoxyflavone from young fruits of Citrus unshiu in rat primary astrocytes.Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012; 76: 1843-1848
- IL-1β and TNF-α induce neurotoxicity through glutamate production: a potential role for neuronal glutaminase.J Neurochem. 2013; 125: 897-908
- Interleukin-6, a mental cytokine.Brain Res Rev. 2011; 67: 157-183
- Cytokine and chemokine regulation of sensory neuron function.Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2009; 194: 417-449
- Synchronous synthesis of alpha- and beta-chemokines by cells of diverse lineage in the central nervous system of mice with relapses of chronic experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.Am J Pathol. 1997; 150: 617-630
- Role of astrocytes and chemokine systems in acute TNFalpha induced demyelinating syndrome: CCR2-dependent signals promote astrocyte activation and survival via NF-kappaB and Akt.Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008; 37: 96-109
- CCL2-expressing astrocytes mediate the extravasation of T lymphocytes in the brain. Evidence from patients with glioma and experimental models in vivo.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e30762
- Potential role of MCP-1 in endothelial cell tight junction ‘opening’: signaling via Rho and Rho kinase.J Cell Sci. 2003; 116: 4615-4628
- Reversal of axonal loss and disability in a mouse model of progressive multiple sclerosis.J Clin Invest. 2008; 118: 1532-1543
- ROCK inhibitor fasudil attenuated high glucose-induced MCP-1 and VCAM-1 expression and monocyte-endothelial cell adhesion.Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012; 11: 65
- Intracerebral recruitment and maturation of dendritic cells in the onset and progression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.Am J Pathol. 2000; 157: 1991-2002
- Regional neural activation defines a gateway for autoreactive T cells to cross the blood–brain barrier.Cell. 2012; 148: 447-457
- Regulation of CCL20 expression in astrocytes by IL-6 and IL-17.Glia. 2012; 60: 771-781