I read with great interest the usefulness of actigraphy for parkinsonian signs [
]. In clinical and epidemiological studies of sleep, actigraphy has been used frequently to judge the sleep/awake state of the subjects [
- Uemura Y.
- Wada-Isoe K.
- Nakashita S.
- Nakashima K.
Mild parkinsonian signs in a community-dwelling elderly population sample in Japan.
J Neurol Sci. 2011; 304: 61-66
]. I have used actigraphy [
- Sadeh A.
Activity-based measures of sleep.
in: Carskadon M.A. Encyclopedia of sleep and dreaming. Macmillan, New York1995: 4-6
- Kawada T.
Monitoring of activity by wrist accelerometer in patients with atopic dermatitis.
Clin Exp Dermatol. 2010; 35: 193-194
4], but have seldom engaged in direct usage of actigraphic activity counts, as presented by Uemura et al.
- Kawada T.
Agreement rates for sleep/wake judgments obtained via accelerometer and sleep diary: a comparison.
Behav Res Methods. 2008; 40: 1026-1029
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Mild parkinsonian signs in a community-dwelling elderly population sample in Japan.J Neurol Sci. 2011; 304: 61-66
- Activity-based measures of sleep.in: Carskadon M.A. Encyclopedia of sleep and dreaming. Macmillan, New York1995: 4-6
- Monitoring of activity by wrist accelerometer in patients with atopic dermatitis.Clin Exp Dermatol. 2010; 35: 193-194
- Agreement rates for sleep/wake judgments obtained via accelerometer and sleep diary: a comparison.Behav Res Methods. 2008; 40: 1026-1029
- Practice parameters for the use of actigraphy in the assessment of sleep and sleep disorders: an update for 2007.Sleep. 2007; 30: 519-529
- Actigraphic assessment of a polysomnographic-recorded nap: a validation study.J Sleep Res. 2011; 20: 214-222
- Sleep assessments in healthy school-aged children using actigraphy: concordance with polysomnography.J Sleep Res. 2011; 20: 223-232
Published online: August 24, 2011
Accepted: August 4, 2011
Received in revised form: June 14, 2011
Received: June 3, 2011
© 2011 Elsevier B.V. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.