Head tremor is very unusual in Parkinson's disease (PD). Five PD patients presenting a head tremor during the disease evolution have recently been reported. Here we describe a 74 year-old woman with a pure head resting tremor. The tremor was responsive to levodopa and had a 4.7 Hz frequency. A [123I]FP-CIT SPECT imaging confirmed a reduction of tracer uptake in the right striatum consistent with PD, that should be confirmed by long-term follow-up.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Head tremor in Parkinson's disease.Mov Disord. 2006; 21: 1245-1248
- De la paralysie agitante.in: Oeuvres complètes de J.M. Charcot: leçons sur les maladies du système nerveux. Bureau du Progrès Médical, Paris1892: 157-188
- Tardive tremor due to metoclopramide.Mov Disord. 2002; 17: 620-621
- Metoclopramide-induced parkinsonism, clinical characteristics of ten cases.Arch Neurol. 1982; 39: 494-496
- DAT imaging in drug-induced and psychogenic parkinsonism.Mov Disord. 2003; 18: S28-S33
- [123I]FP-CIT SPET imaging in drug-induced Parkinsonism.Mov Disord. 2008; 23: 1825-1829
- Essential tremor.Lancet Neurol. 2005; 4: 100-110
- Dystonic tremor.Rev Neurol (Paris). 2003; 159: 900-905
Published online: January 29, 2009
Accepted: December 18, 2008
Received in revised form: December 17, 2008
Received: November 5, 2008
© 2008 Elsevier B.V. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.