- •Lipoprotein levels in ALS results showing low IDL-B and high LDL-1 concentrations.
- •No association between lipoprotein or apolipoprotein levels and clinical findings.
- •There was no difference in the LDL/HDL ratio no association with disease evolution.
Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Energy metabolism in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Lancet Neurol. 2011; 10: 75-82
- Factors correlated with hypermetabolism in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2001; 74: 328-334
- High metabolic level in patients with familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Amyotroph. Lateral Scler. 2009; 10: 113-117
- Hypermetabolism in ALS: correlations with clinical and paraclinical parameters.Neurodegener. Dis. 2005; 2: 202-207
- Management of ALS: nutritional care.Neurology. 1996; 47: S118-120
- Increased peripheral lipid clearance in an animal model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.J. Lipid Res. 2007; 48: 1571-1580
- Dyslipidemia is a protective factor in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Neurology. 2008; 70: 1004-1009
- Relationships between disease progression and serum levels of lipid, urate, creatinine and ferritin in Japanese patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a cross-sectional study.Intern. Med. 2012; 51: 1501-1508
- Lower serum lipid levels are related to respiratory impairment in patients with ALS.Neurology. 2009; 73: 1681-1685
- Hypolipidemia in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a possible gender difference?.J. Clin. Neurol. 2013; 9: 125-129
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is associated with hypolipidemia at the presymptomatic stage in mice.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e17985
- Lower serum lipid levels are related to respiratory impairment in patients with ALS.Neurology. 2010; 74 (author reply 2027–2028): 2027
- Abnormalities of lipoprotein and carbohydrate metabolism in degenerative diseases of the nervous system—motor neuron disease and spinocerebellar degeneration.Tohoku J. Exp. Med. 1983; 139: 365-376
- Is hyperlipidemia correlated with longer survival in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?.Neurol. Res. 2012; 34: 576-580
- Body mass index, not dyslipidemia, is an independent predictor of survival in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Muscle Nerve. 2011; 44: 20-24
- The serum lipid profiles of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients: a study from south-west China and a meta-analysis.Amyotroph. Lateral Scler. Frontotemporal Degener. 2015; 16: 359-365
- Dyslipidemia in ALS: good, bad, or unclear?.Neurology. 2008; 70: 988-989
- Hypercaloric enteral nutrition in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 trial.Lancet. 2014; 383: 2065-2072
- Serum low density lipoprotein subclasses in asthma.Respir. Med. 2013; 107: 1866-1872
- “European panel on low density lipoprotein (LDL) subclasses”: a statement on the pathophysiology, atherogenicity and clinical significance of LDL subclasses.Curr. Vasc. Pharmacol. 2011; 9: 533-571
- Biochemical evaluation of the results of lipid regulating treatment in France.Arch. Mal. Coeur Vaiss. 2005; 98: 58-62
- Biological follow-up in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: decrease in creatinine levels and increase in ferritin levels predict poor prognosis.Eur. J. Neurol. 2015; 22: 1385-1390
- Defective cholesterol metabolism in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.J. Lipid Res. 2016;
- Beneficial vascular risk profile is associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2011; 82: 638-642
- Variations in oxidative susceptibility among six low density lipoprotein subfractions of differing density and particle size.Atherosclerosis. 1992; 93: 189-199
- Lipoprotein subclasses in the Monitored Atherosclerosis Regression Study (MARS). Treatment effects and relation to coronary angiographic progression.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1996; 16: 697-704
- Intermediate-density lipoproteins and progression of carotid arterial wall intima-media thickness.Circulation. 1997; 95: 2022-2026
- Introduction to Lipids and Lipoproteins.2000