This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Abbreviations:ACh, acetylcholine (), Anti-ChE, anti-cholinesterase (), ChAT, choline acetyltransferase (), ChE, cholinesterase ()
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Neurological Sciences
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Interaction of myasthenia immunoglobulins and cholinergic agonists on acetylcholine receptors of rat myotubes.Ann. Neurol. 1982; 11: 22-27
- Neurogenic muscle atrophy in myasthenia gravis.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiat. 1972; 35: 311-322
- Influence of chronic neostigmine treatment on the number of acetylcholine receptors and the release of acetylcholine from the rat diaphragm.J. Physiol. (Lond.). 1973; 230: 613-618
- Morphological and histochemical changes of motor units in myasthenia.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1976; 274: 6-19
- Study of long-term anticholinesterase therapy — Effects on neuromuscular transmission and on motor end-plate fine structure.Neurology (Minneap.). 1973; 23: 1273-1281
- Signs of reinnervation in myasthenia gravis.Muscle and Nerve. 1982; 5: 215-221
- Neostigmine-induced alterations at the mammalian neuromuscular junction, Part 2 (Ultrastructure).J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1978; 205: 340-356
- Control of acetylcholine synthesis — The inhibition of choline acetyltransferase by acetylcholine.J. Neurochem. 1969; 16: 1185-1191
- A study of the “desensitization” produced by acetylcholine at the motor end plate.J. Physiol. (Lond.). 1957; 138: 63-80
- Myopathic changes at the end plate region induced by neostigmine methylsulfate.Experientia. (Basel). 1976; 32: 623-635
- Ultrastructural changes at the motor end plate produced by an irreversible cholinesterase inhibitor.Exp. Neurol. 1975; 47: 290-306
- Increased synaptic area of neuromuscular junction in neostigmine treated rats.Anat. Rec. 1970; 166: 399-404
- A prospective study of thymectomy and serum acetylcholine receptor antibodies in myasthenia gravis.Ann. Surg. 1982; 196: 113-121
- Prostigmine induced muscle weakness in myasthenia gravis patients.Neurology (Minneap.). 1955; 5: 89-99
- Neostigmine induced end plate proliferation in the rat — A study using supra-vital methylene blue.Neurology (Minneap.). 1977; 27: 289-293
- Neostigmine induced alterations at the mammalian neuromuscular junction, Part 1 (Muscle contraction and electrophysiology).J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1978; 205: 326-339
- Neostigmine methylsulfate — Does it have a chronic effect as well as a transient one?.Arch. Neurol. (Chic.). 1975; 32: 808-813
© 1984 Published by Elsevier Inc.